Saturday 2 February 2013

Felt Food Tips

Heres a list of tips i discovered while making my felt food, ill keep adding to it as I discover more and hope this helps others too
*Templates- these are easy to create on plain paper by drawing or printing from computer
*Foam Fillers- I use foam offcut pieces as these are cheaper than predone shapes. Simply drawn on size required, and cut out using a bread knife. Any rough edges can be trimmed with scissors, and any gaps filled with wadding
*Stitching- I generally use a straight stitch for details or inner stitching. Outside edges I use a whip stitch. Im not very good at sewing but any unevenness is usually unnoticeable, and adds to handmade charm
*Felt- check the thickness of your felt as loose weave felt will not hold stitches or stand up to playtime
*Thread- I use embroidery thread divided down into 2 strands, this gives strength and colour range to make with your felt

No comments: